Thursday, October 13, 2005

Day 104 through 108, Tuesday, September 27 through Saturday, Oct 1.

Somehow working on the land always leaves me feeling better about the fruits of my labor than doing chores in the city. I get myself tired have a nice dinner and TJ and Suzy have a (VERY) small A-Frame house there on the property which they call home while they’re on the land. The inside of the house consists of two rooms and a couple of closets downstairs and a loft. Their kitchen area is actually outdoors on the porch with part of it covered by a portable auto-port canopy. Showers and, shall we say, personal maintenance, are handled just the way they were when I was out on Lasquiti Island.
Two other of TJ and Suzy’s friends are up here also. I’m not really sure how TJ knows Miguel, but I know that he knows Rachel through his professional snowboarding days in Park City, UT.
I didn’t bring my computer with me up to the mountains because I didn’t have room and also because I didn’t want it to get all dusty. Also, I didn’t take nearly as many pictures as I’d intended to take. It just seemed that every part of each day was taken up with doing some sort of work on the land and I just didn’t feel like washing off and unpacking the camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home