Saturday, September 24, 2005

Day 99, Thursday, September 22

I called Steve yesterday to check which day I should arrive in Sacramento. His answer was "as soon as possible, how about tomorrow". He then added that if I was going to arrive "tomorrow" I should do so before 2pm because it’s his and Heidi’s 5th year anniversary. I quickly replied "Um, how about I arrive Friday instead?" I figure that Heidi would be FAR less than appreciative if I crashed her day!
The ride down the Oregon coast today was beautiful. I’ve never seen such expansive sandy beaches. It was too cold for people to be out enjoying them, but there’d have had to be millions of people out on the beaches before they even remotely began to get crowded. I’d thought that most of the coast North of California was rugged and rocky like I saw on Vancouver Island. Boy was I wrong.
I ended up driving further today than I’d expected to drive. Nearly 350 slow rolling miles from Portland, over to the coast, then down 101 across the California border to the town of Crescent. 101 was a helluva fun ride though! Beautiful and twisty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home