Saturday, September 24, 2005

Day 96, Monday, September 19

There are few things less fun that packing in the rain, and that’s just what I did this morning. It literally doubles the amount of time it takes me to hit the road. The other thing that packing in the rain does is to ensure that everything you have it damp or fully wet when it’s packed away which promotes mildew. Neither mildew nor doubling my departure prep time are high on my list of likes! Michael and Cindy headed on over to Karma Coffee and suggested I should stop by on my way out. By the time I got there it was already lunch time. Another thing I discovered this morning is that the eggs I’d purchased just before heading over to the West side of the island and which have been sitting in my cooler since then were apparently broken by the extremely rough ride on the torn up road. Translation? I had rotten egg filth covering most of the contents of my cooler and had to spend a fair amount of time sanitizing that before heading out on this rainy morning. YUCK.
After taking some pictures of Karma Coffee I hit the road and headed for the ferry to the mainland. My intention was to make it all the way to Vancouver today but I screwed up towards the end of the day. The mistake I made was asking for directions rather than going on my gut instinct (I got bad directions which caused me to retrace some of my steps, basically chasing a ghost, instead of following my nose which was leading me to the ferry.). Result? I missed the last ferry from Vancouver Island to the mainland by about 20 minutes. Back tracking, I wound up at campsite about 20 minutes away from the ferry and called it a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home