Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Day 183, Sunday, December 4

Went for a 10 to 15 mile ride with Karen this morning. I had a nice tumble down the edge of the trail but got lucky to catch my footing as soon as I did. If I hadn’t I’d have probably slid another 30 or 40 feet further than I did. As it was, the slope I managed to stop myself on was steep enough that I couldn’t get out on my own. I had to have Karen grab the bike which was trapped by one of my legs before I could even attempt to crawl back up the slope. Cool. Got a nice raspberry on my left leg as a result. Nice ride.

After the ride, Karen invited me over for dinner. She made the same shrimp jumbalaya she made back at Crater Lake where I met her. Fantastic! She also made some dense whole wheat bread which we had along with the shrimp jumbalaya. We sat out on her back deck and played cards ‘till sunset.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, 24 December, 2005, Blogger Paul Skinner said...

Giancarlo Zanolini and I met Britton first at Carlsbad Caverns and then again in Ft. Stockton, TX at Bienvenidos Mexican Restaurant. We dined together and heard a lot about his adventure. We were enroute from LA to Orlando. What a great guy! Paul Skinner

 
At Thursday, 29 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Britton, was on vacation in mexico for 2 weeks, didnt get your voicemail until now. call me at 224-715-6932, my new cell number.
Happy New Year pal!!!

DRH

 
At Sunday, 01 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..!! Britton. It's me.. Jay Park.Ampehnol KAE
Did you come back Chicago or still travel?
Most of all, Happy New Year and hope to go well.

I am very wonder what are doing and please inform me your latest news.
Again, Thanks a Lot.

Jay Park (jay.park@amphenol.co.kr)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home