Thursday, October 13, 2005

Day 116, Sunday, October 9

This morning I caught the Amtrack commuter train from Sacramento over to San Fran to meet up with Kirsten. As it turns out, this week is Fleet Week in San Fran and today was the air show. Kirsten called me while I was on the train and suggested that the air show plus a touristy walk along the harbor front might be interesting. On this trip I’ve not really had a day of blindly following a tour guide without having to plan ahead what I’d be seeing for the day. Having Kirsten give me a tour of the harbor was great. She’s a helluva lot of fun to talk to since she’s a very driven, intelligent, and well traveled person. She works for Deloitte and Tousche (sp?) as a managerial consultant (a gross oversimplification of her job) and isn’t one for staying in any place for more than a couple of years. She’s only been in San Fran a few months and is already rolling around the idea of heading to India for a 2-year stint there. I had a great day talking with her and hopefully I’ll cross paths with her again some time in the future to compare our separate treks!
After dinner, I took a taxi over to Emeryville and then took the late train back to Sacramento. I didn’t end up getting back to Steve and Heidi’s house until almost 1:30am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home