Saturday, September 24, 2005

Day 83, Tuesday, September 6

Mindy took me to the airport this morning and I flew back to Seattle.
My flight to Seattle was uneventful but it got into Seattle after Ride West BMW closed for the evening. Before leaving for Chicago I talked with the service manager, Tom Sill, who gave me his personal cell # and told me to give him a call when my flight got in. Sure enough when I called him after disembarking, his reaction was "No Problem! I’ll meet you there." Tom drove over, opened the shop or me, talked with me for about 20 mins prior to getting me on my way. Tom, in his younger years, did a similar motorcycle trip to the one I’m on. Hit the road and see where it leads. I think he said he did it on a 300 cc Honda which, at the time, was hot stuff! After thanking Tom, I headed over to Archie Beddingfield’s house to collect my trailer. Because my schedule had me getting to his house after his bed time, I actually killed the ignition just up the street and coasted into the driveway. I put down my ground cloth and air mattress on the floor of the garage slept like the dead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home