Saturday, September 24, 2005

Day 78, Thursday, September 1

My good friend in Chicago, Darren Borrowski, is letting me stay for the week with him. After sitting up and talking with him last night I think I finally turned in around 2:00am. Today I went out to lunch with Darren, Mike Lambert, two of their female friends. Good conversation and great weather. This evening my plans are to go to watch bicycle racing with a friend, Megan Fitzpatric. Megan’s a really cool girl, and very much the type of personality I like as friends. She races mountain bikes in multiple formats (off road triathlons, 24 hour team races, etc). I’d never seen racing in a velodrome before. Very interesting but not really something I’d be interested in trying. The thing I remember hating most about track back in grade school was the monotony of running around in circles. Granted these guys are doing the track at a much faster pace, but it’s still the same oval track. No thank you. I’ll stick to mountain biking and constantly varying terrain! This evening I. started to reroute my trip due the hurricane devastation in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. My week here in Chicago is so packed with plans that I really doubt I’ll be able to get much computer work done while here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home