Friday, January 06, 2006

Day 196, Friday, December 16

Spent the day with Larry today. We went down town San Antonio to see some of his businesses down in the Riverwalk district and to generally walk around. He took me out for pizza lunch with his business partner. . After lunch we walked over to the Alamo (it’s across the street from one of Larry’s businesses) for a few pictures and a little history lesson. After the day spent down town, Larry and I headed back to his place where Louise had prepared a dinner of some of best ribs I’ve ever eaten in my life. Wonderful! I enjoyed the way Larry and Louise relate. He always calls her “Darlin’”. There are a lot of issues that Larry and I see eye to eye on. We talked a lot about politics and religion today. I will definitely keep in contact with him because he’s extremely entertaining to talk with.Larry made a comment to me today about my blog that completely surprised me because it’s a comment that I’ve not heard before. He said that while the blog is great, it’d be better if I tried to write down what I’ve been feeling, not just what I’ve seen and where I’ve been. Looking back at my entries, I see he’s absolutely right. I’ve been so captured by the sights, sounds, and people that I’ve hardly given myself a chance to even worry about how I was feeling. I’m going to have to look back and see if I can dig up some of the feelings I’ve had along the trip and get them recorded. Thanks Larry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home