Sunday, November 06, 2005

Day 139, Sunday, November 1

Today dawned cool and rainy. Made pancakes for Jasen and myself. Packed up the trailer in the cold rain and every got soaked. Glad nobody was listening to me as I packed…I might have used, oh, one or two unkind words about the weather…or maybe three. Headed out down Hwy 101 and rode for the first hour or two in the rain, but at least it wasn’t super cold rain. I’d intended to go back to fern canyon this morning to take more pictures but decided it’d be pointless in the rain and fog. As I headed South from the park, I realized I was nearly out of gas. When I finally came across a gas station I was basically empty. I put 6.2 gallons into my 6.5 gallon tank. Further down the road, I had to stop in the town of Leggett to take pictures of the drive through tree. Really gives a sense of scale to see the motorcycle parked underneath the giant. Highway 1 diverts from HWY 101 in Leggett and is 15 miles of one of the most curvy roads I’ve ever ridden. Great fun and at the end of it, the rider is rewarded with a stunning view of shore emerging from the mountain.Drove as far as Manchester State Park and pitched a tent for the night. It was cold and misty so I didn’t bother cooking a dinner. Just had a ham wrapper and turned in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home